Dear Parents and Swimmers
The exciting news is that we can now restart swimming at Turton pool on Wednesday 29th July. Obviously things will be a little different.
Apologies for the length of this message but it contains IMPORTANT information that you need to read before coming back to swimming.
We have put together some guidance which we expect everyone to follow. Anyone who doesn’t follow this guidance will not be allowed to swim or will be removed from the session.
Numbers allowed in the water and spectators will be reduced therefore it will be 1 adult per swimming family allowed. If spectator numbers become too high you will be asked to wait in your car.
- All sessions will be pre-paid/ booked online and numbers will be limited. If you have not pre-paid/ booked you will not be allowed in the Leisure facility.
- Arrive no more than 5 mins before the session.
- Swimmers must arrive ready to swim in a tracksuit or similar over their swimming costume.
- Wear flip flops or sliders as they will need to be removed before going on poolside.
- Kickboards, fins etc MUST be named. Kit will not be available to borrow and swimmers will not be allowed to share. (try fins on at home as feet might have grown!)
- Any kit left at the end of the session will be binned. This includes goggles and water bottles.
- Exiting the pool will be through the changing rooms with a maximum time of 10 minutes to remove wet costumes and dress back into a dry tracksuit. Showers will not be available.
- Adults will be required to wear facemasks unless they are teaching on poolside.
- Toilet facilities will only be available if swimmers are really desperate. They must not wee in the pool!
The sessions will be as follows: Each session will be 40 mins.
Wednesdays – 6.30pm – 7.10pm C group
7.20pm – 8pm C group
Thursdays – 6.15pm – 6.55pm B Group
7.05pm – 7.45pm B Group
7.55pm – 8.35pm A Group / Masters
Please register on the link below or at the top of the message. Click on the session you require either Wednesday or Thursday and then for the time you require. Swimmers have been out of the water for a while and so will only be allowed to do one session to start with. All sessions are £4.
We have been working with the Leisure Facility to try and ensure the best and safest way to get back in the pool. There will be hiccups as we try and make things work but we are trying to make it a safe as possible.
We understand that some of you may want to wait before returning, that’s absolutely fine just return when you feel ready. Others are raring to go but please remember you will not be at the same fitness level you were a few months ago and it will take a few sessions to get back into the routine.
We are continuing to work with Horwich LC and will be ready to go when Horwich is able to open.
If you have any questions or worries please get in touch with Gareth or Liz.
Gareth (Chair) and Liz (Sec)